Terms and Conditions for Cuba Traveler Certification
Terms and Conditions
You acknowledge your agreement and intent to bind yourself and your employer, where the Red App is licensed or used through your employer’s credentials, by these electronic terms, the Sabre Red App Centre User Agreement (“User Agreement”) and the terms of your or your employer’s (as applicable) Sabre Customer or Subscriber Agreement (“Sabre Agreement”). Your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to all transactions you enter into on this site, including notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications. If you do not agree with any part of these terms and conditions, you may not use the Red App. Sabre grants you a limited license to use this Red App in conjunction with the Sabre Red Workspace for the purposes described on the Sabre Red App Centre, subject to your compliance with all applicable terms and conditions. If there is a conflict of terms or conditions, the terms of the User Agreement shall apply.
You also agree to the following on behalf of yourself and your employer if party to the Sabre Agreement:
1. To pay the fee, if any, including any taxes owed for such purchase, for the Red App as stated on the Red App Centre in accordance with the terms of your Sabre Agreement. Sabre reserves the right to change the fee for this Red App purchase at any time, but not more than once per year. Additionally, purchases made at a later date will be subject to the pricing in effect as of that purchase date. Volume discounts, if applicable, are only applicable to volume purchases made in the same transaction.
2. To use the Red App only as consistent with its description, the terms of your Sabre Agreement and the User Agreement.
3. To comply with Sabre’s instructions regarding the use of this Red App.
4. Sabre reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify the Red App at any time without prior notice. You may need to obtain and use the most recent version of the Red App to maintain full functionality.
5. You warrant that your intended use of the Red App complies with all applicable law and is not designed or intended to harm the systems or business of Sabre or its customers.
Cuba Traveler Certification automatically alerts travel agents whenever they have booked an itinerary involving Cuba travel and will allow them to:
Easily add the required passenger data elements needed for airline transmission purposes (i.e., reason for travel and resident address)
Pre-populate the ASTA approved Cuba traveler certification form which enables agents to efficiently e-mail the required documentation to the traveler
Regulations governing travel to Cuba have changed often in recent years. Please visit the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control website found at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/programs/pages/cuba.aspx to review the current regulations and be aware of who can and cannot be licensed to travel to Cuba.
Please visit https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USTREAS/bulletins/2492176 for more information.
A useful tool however it often pops up when Cuba is not any part of a booking which is annoying!!
November 6, 2020
Notes added to categories 4 and 7, general notice added : Regulations governing travel to Cuba have changed often in recent years. Please visit the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control website found at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/programs/pages/cuba.aspx to review the current regulations and be aware of who can and cannot be licensed to travel to Cuba.
July 2, 2019
Changes on the general license number 5 - Educational Activities -- 31 CFR - 515.565 ***Important Note: as of June 5, 2019, the types of permitted travel under this general license have been substantially limited
July 28, 2017
Changes on RFTV SSR according to SAN 9355
June 3, 2016
Version 126.96.36.199606031455 of Cuba Traveler Certification Red App introduces SSR RFTV to be automatically incorporated into the Reservation to advise of passenger's Reason for Travel (in addition to current SSR OTHS)
Sabre Travel Network
Sabre® Travel Network is a global technology company serving the world's larget industry -- travel and tourism.
Red App Regional Availability
Application provider did not set any regional constraints for this Red app.