Sabre Red Appys
Here's your chance to compete for a $10,000 prize!
Sabre Red Appys
Are you an innovator known for your tech-savvy? Or a developer who has a talent for building amazing things? Are you ready to compete in a fast paced competition for a $10,000 prize? Then we are looking for you!
Come join us at the second annual Sabre Red Appys! We want to hear your best ideas for applications that will solve the challenges facing today’s travel agencies. The best of the best will participate in the Sabre Red Appys at the Travel Technology Exchange (TTX) on April 30, 2013. The grand prize? $10,000 and the notoriety of having built the ‘Best App of them All’!
About the Sabre Red Appys
The Sabre Red Appys take place on April 30, 2013 at 1pm - everyone attending TTX is invited.
<50px>Formerly known as TMU/DevCon, the Travel Technology Exchange (TTX) is a gathering of 800+ travel professionals, developers and suppliers to exchange ideas, best practices and business cards. TTX has many opportunities to promote your technology and expertise with guided classes, networking sessions and speaker presentations.
About Sabre Red App Centre
The award-winning Sabre® Red™ App Centre is the travel industry’s first b2b travel app marketplace that brings travel buyers and developers together. Recently, InformationWeek named Sabre Red App Centre as a ”Top 20 Great Ideas to Steal.” Sabre Red App Centre allows travel buyers to discover and shop Sabre® Red™ Apps, and developers have an excellent place to build and sell their apps. Red Apps are applications that help travel professionals tailor their workflow to meet their exact needs.
Ten demonstrators will each get eight minutes to pitch their best ideas to a panel of judges. The judges will then get two minutes to question the demonstrator.
Step 1: Complete the Appys application form and submit it by March 15, 2013. All entrants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by March 20, 2013
Step 2: Those accepted into the competition must sign a contract and submit payment ($3,000 if submitted by March 20, 2013 or $5,000 if submitted between March 21 and April 9, 2013) for demonstrator package
Step 3: Schedule a time to meet with us about your presentation
Step 4: Build your presentation and get ready to dazzle the judges
The Demonstrator Package
If you’re accepted into the competition, the entry fee is either $3,000 or $5,000 depending on when you submit payment. Your package includes:
- 10 minutes on stage in front of the TTX audience
- Video recording of your on-stage presentation
- Two complimentary registrations to TTX
- A chance to win one of three prizes, in addition to enjoying your moment of fame at the event
- A booth in the Product Expo so you can feature your app
- Logo inclusion on Sabre® Red™ App Centre and TTX websites as participant
- Logo in conference guide
The panel of judges will select a winner and a runner up. Both will be announced during the general session on May 2, 2013.
A trio of prizes will be awarded:
- Best App of them All: $10,000 cash prize
- Honorable Mention: $2,500 cash prize
- Environmental Impact Award: $2,500 donation to the eco-charity of winner’s choice
Criteria for Judging
- Consists of a computer programming code-based, innovative travel product or service
- Would significantly influence how travelers research, plan, purchase, organize or memorialize their trips
- Impacts state-of-the-art in its target travel-related market
- Is likely to change the dynamics of the marketplace
- Embodies new ideas and introduces new concepts that create value to brick and mortar and online travel agencies
- Does NOT consist simply of a minor upgrade to an existing application; substantive, major upgrades, however, may be considered
- Is based primarily in the English language, to the extent the application includes any text or audio
View Official Rules